(c) Copyright 2009 WEF, IWA
World Water Monitoring Day™ is an international education and outreach program that builds public awareness and involvement in protecting water resources around the world by engaging citizens to conduct basic monitoring of their local water bodies.
Celebrate with us on September 18, or host your World Water Monitoring Day anytime from March 22 until December 31.
Free Test Kits
For a free LaMotte World Water Monitoring Day Kit, please email our Program Coordinator. The WWMD test kit includes everything you need to test for temperature, pH, turbidity and dissolved oxygen, including:
- 1 Instruction booklet (English/Spanish)
- 1 Sample collection jar
- 1 pH test tube
- 1 Dissolved oxygen vial
- 1 Secchi disk decal
- 2 Temperature strips (14-40°C and 0-12°C)
- 50 pH reagent tablets (enough for 50 tests)
- 100 Dissolved oxygen reagent tablets (enough for 50 tests)
- 1 Color chart for determining DO, pH and turbidity test results
- 1 Mini pencil
- 1 Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
You may use your own equipment if you prefer!
Test Kit Tips
- 5-10 people per kit is a good rule of thumb. Larger groups can rotate between stations focused on a specific parameter.
- Young children should have adult supervision when monitoring.
- Wear gloves or wash hands after handling the reagent tablets.
Please note that much of this information was borrowed from the World Water Monitoring Day™ website.